Friday, January 23, 2009

Part Four: Writer

The girl next to me in class was distracted.

Normally, I would be too distracted myself to notice, but trying to keep my mind off of the mysterious book had resulted in one of my first efforts to pay complete attention to the lecture.

She, on the other hand, didn’t seem to be paying the least bit of attention. She was staring intensely at her laptop screen, sometimes typing, sometimes scrolling, sometimes clicking, always looking a little unhappy. Her notebook was left neglected, with a pen lying across it as if she meant to try to take notes.

Her laptop was slightly turned in my direction. Sitting forward, I could almost see what she was writing. I casually leaned back, lightly tapping my pen on my notebook, trying to act as if I was still listening to the lecture.

Ah. Now I could see what she was writing.

And it was very, very familiar.

Part One: Existing
Part Two: Frustrated
Part Three: Wondering
Part Five: Names

No comments: