Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Do Me a Favor

Oh, my dear dear BYU Bookstore. You had to do it, didn't you? You had to take my money. And then some. Oh, Bookstore, why do you torment me this way?

The Saturday sale is no big deal this week (at least to me). Utah and Western American history books or something. But, oh, there's a sidewalk sale, of many many... Bargain Books. The red stickers, the low prices, the "last chance! 50% off!" table... I thought I was done yesterday, when my father and I went through the books (after I spent all morning carrying heavy boxes and cutting apart empty boxes, earning many scrapes and scratches in the process) and paid together, both using the 20% markdown I got for helping set up as well as the 30% discount we owe to his job. But no! Today I was sent (by a supervisor who has apparently only recently realized I'm a competent employee) out to the tent to put away lost books. Which happens to be a never-ending project, by the way. And as I wandered around trying to find the plies I know I've seen somewhere, and put wandering books back in their places, and help people cart 50 pounds of books up to gift wrapping on the third floor, I found some books that I had somehow missed yesterday but had to have. Such as a helpful baby names book, a couple of children's fairy tales, and a boxed set of Sherlock Holmes.

So I bought them.

I shall not be able to eat for the rest of the week...

No comments: