Friday, February 6, 2009

Subject: I'm like lightning

To: ForTheMountain@mmail.com

From: writerboy@mmail.com

July 6

I'll admit it; I do check my email obsessively and respond quickly. Responding quickly is the part of being a writer that gets in there and does what needs to be done, writes what needs to be written, and proofreads what doesn't really need to be proofread. Checking email every five minutes is the part of being a writer that tries to put off any actual writing as long as possible. However, no matter how neurotic I might be, I don't care if it takes you a while to respond. I really don't, I promise.

I'm going to argue about number 2 with you next time I see you in person. Be prepared.

I have to admit that I am only a mild fan of the Bard myself. That's how I know I'm a little insane for being in the English major for any length of time. Musicals, though... what is so cool about a play that has everyone bursting into song all the time? I don't get it.

My dreams are odd, too, but I cut out most of the really odd stuff before I actually start trying to put it to paper. You should see some of my summaries if you're looking for 'odd.' And I keep trying to spell 'odd' with two o's for some reason.

I can well believe you got some pictures of me last night - you got pictures of everything last night - but I doubt that they're good. Unless your use of the word 'good' really meant something along the lines of 'hilariously bad.'

I don't suppose you and your friends could plan to have an impromptu party on Friday and then invite me? I have some friends I'd like to avoid.

Matt

No comments: